Exempt vehicles

Other vehicles that do not need an MOT include:

A list of exempt types of vehicles is on the MOT exemption form (V112). You need to fill in the form if your vehicle is listed so that you can either tax it or apply for tax exemption.

Lorries, buses and trailers

You must get an annual test for lorries, buses and trailers instead of an MOT. It’s sometimes called the ‘annual vehicle test’.